Friday, February 11, 2011

Proverbs 11 and my Wisdom struggles

First, as I was reading todays chapter, I thought to myself, "after near 11 days of reading Proverbs how much have I learned about Wisdom?". I have learned a lot, but do I really "know" it yet, no. And will we ever truly get Wisdom, idk, it's one of those really lofty topics to me right now. A definition one of my Bibles gave me for wisdom was "the ability to make good use of knowledge", that's basically what the Proverbs are trying to make us do, right? That knowledge we have is of God, and it's all been about how to use that knowledge well. Right? Haha. Chapters 10 and 11 are these couplet like statements about pretty practical responses to Wisdom, what Wise people do. One of my favorites being verse 19: " Godly people find life; evil people find death". Wow, that's difference between good use and bad use of the knowledge of God: life and death. That's crazy, but totally right.

My biggest struggle these days seems to be the use of my time, i'm so dang busy. Using my time well and putting it where it needs to go (this false under the umbrella of wisdom, right? haha). It kinda surprises me that there isn't more spoken about time in relation to Wisdom, maybe there has been and i've missed it? The best example i can find is in Chapter 10:4 "lazy people are soon poor, hard workers get rich", being lazy and hard working is kinda a time management issue. I just continue to pray to God (when i am disciplined enough to give him the hang out time he deserves in my life) that he will give me the Wisdom to say yes to doing the important things in my life and no to the unimportant things battling for my precious time. Also to help me discern which things are which.

I'm soooo rushed for time today. This week has been rough on me. A little bit of that bad time management janke has thrown eh-ve-ry thing off. So i'm racing to get back on track. It definitely doesn't help that i'll be going on a retreat this weekend....oooohhhh Lord. Please God, help a brotha out, haha. I know He will.

No comments:

Post a Comment